We assist in securing work permits for qualified individuals employed by qualifying employers.
- Preparation of application
- Preparation of letter of employment
- Assembly of required documents
Factors to be aware of:
- You must be present in Thailand on a non-immigrant status entry permit, on both the day your work permit application is submitted, and the day it is picked up.
- Your work permit will generally be issued for an initial period of one year - and at time of issue, its validity will normally exceed the validity of your non-immigrant entry permit.
- In most cases, for each work permit issued to a foreigner, the sponsoring company must have 2 million baht capitalization, and at least four Thai employees. These two requirements are reduced by 50% for applicants with a Thai spouse. For a start-up company, it is sometimes possible to obtain a work permit for purposes of opening a bank account without meeting all requirements, but obtaining later work permit renewals generally requires that qualifying criteria be met. If a company has four Thai employees, plus 2 million baht paid-in capital for each work permit requested, it is normally very easy to obtain a work permit.
- To satisfy new rules upcoming, monthly salary of work permit holders generally needs to be at least 50,000 Baht (you must be paying monthly personal income tax on at least this amount).